What is the San Francisco Pathways to Citizenship Initiative?
The San Francisco Pathways to Citizenship Initiative (SF pathways) is a three-year public, private partnership between the City’s Office of Civic Engagement & Immigrant Affairs (OCEIA), six philanthropic organizations, and seven expert community based naturalization service providers who will develop new approaches, methodologies and service delivery models to promote citizenship and civic participation among San Francisco’s citizenship-eligible immigrants. Service providers will offer free legal advice, application assistance, language services, fee waiver application assistance and other services.
What are the goals and objectives of the Initiative?
- Inform immigrants about citizenship; prevent fraud; and deliver high-quality naturalization services.
- Leverage existing resources; pursue creative and innovative methods of service delivery and outreach.
- Foster cross-sector teamwork among grantee organizations, funders, local government, business, education and immigrant communities; develop an infrastructure for future collaborative work; create long-term and sustainable delivery mechanisms.
- Develop, identify, and share best practices in citizenship outreach and service delivery.
- Instill life-long, active engagement among newly naturalized citizens and encourage meaningful participation to San Francisco’s overall success and prosperity.
For additional information on upcoming naturalization workshops please call one of our multilingual hotlines:
- English: 415.662.8901
- Spanish: 415.662.8902
- Cantonese: 415.295.5894
- Mandarin: 415.295.5896
- Filipino: 415.692.6798
- Russian: 415.754.3818
Or for additional information on San Francisco Pathways to Citizenship you could also e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Join our listserve!